Sunday, November 15, 2015

You Can Be Fashionable & Modest: the Proof is in the Pics!




I had someone comment on my "Modesty Matters" video and ask if I would be willing to show examples of how I dress modestly. I love dressing modestly AND fashionable, so I would love to show some examples. The keys are: cover-ups, tank tops, and cami secrets. With these tricks, you can make ALMOST any top modest (unless it's too tight or see through). Obviously, cover ups are for anything strapless or spaghetti straps and tank tops/cami secrets are to wear under anything too low cut.

Some of these are not full length, keep in mind that I didn't originally take these photos for this purpose. These are just a few random photos from my 2.5 year ongoing modesty journey :)



High/low skirts are my absolute favorite!! They are modest, stylish, and fun. This shirt is a valuable piece for making other pieces modest or a standalone. You will see it better in the next pic. It blends beautifully under a dress or a shirt that needs adjustments to be modest :)


This dress has spaghetti straps, so I added this beautiful top (ok, for some reason you still can't tell, but there's black jewels all along the top of it). It serves 3 modesty purposes: it covers the back, makes up for the straps that are thin in the dress itself, and covers  he front where the dress was too low... And just for fun: adds a little extra glam :) 

Spaghetti strap high/low dress with cover up

Aztec shirt that was made super short, but added a tank under it and pair it with high/low skirt.

Sequin cami under this dress :)

Added a cami & cami secret to cover the top better with high/low skirt

Sweater cover up: you can use to winterize a summer shirt or one that's not modest by itself. Oh, and meet my Maltese: Barbie :)


Finally found a picture where you can see the details of the shirt in the first 2 pictures. I wore it under this shirtsleeve shirt because the neckline was way too low.


My favorite modesty guidelines are from purefashion.com:


To me, the main rules of thumb from above are that necklines should be no lower than 4 fingers below collarbone, skirts/dresses/shorts should not be shorter than 4 fingers above the kneecap, nothing see through, and a cover up for tanks & halters.



And if you don't know what cami secrets are, they are wonderful when you don't want to add a whole extra layer to be modest in the summer, you simply attach to undergarment and voila, looks like you have on an entire cami! They have these in all different colors (more than what's shown above) and some in animal print. You can buy them online.


I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
1 Timothy 2:9-10 NIV

Note: I don't believe this verse literally means you can't wear jewelry. It just means your beauty should come from your relationship with Christ and the fruit of it.


So.. There you have it. I hope you will all join me in dressing modestly! To find out more about WHY you should dress modestly according to the Bible, watch my video, here: http://youtu.be/z3dM6DiDliI











No comments:

Post a Comment