Friday, September 25, 2015

Autumn Leaves

Don't you just love the color of the leaves changing in the fall?

As I sat outside one morning, praying, enjoying the cool breeze, admiring the paints God had chosen for the leaves, He brought my mind back to a quote I read the night before. It read, "It's funny how beautiful autumn is when everything is dying".

Allow the green leaves represent the unsaved and the autumn leaves represent the saved. 

As Christians, we are to die to ourselves and live for Him. Just as the leaves are most beautiful as they are dying, we are the most beautiful to God when we die to ourselves.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Galatians 2:20 NIV


What's one way you can die to yourself today?
---
To read more Bible Verses on dying to self, living for Him, hover over the below Scripture references:

Ephesians 4:22-24

Luke 9:23

John 3:10



Photo credit: Memogram, instawrite

No comments:

Post a Comment