Sunday, August 23, 2015

Father, I thank You that You have heard Me


41) “So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42) I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” 43) When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” 44) The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.””

- John 11:41-44 (NIV)


While Lazarus was STILL dead, Jesus thanked God for hearing Him. After praying for something we know is Scripturally promised to us, like salvation, healing, deliverance, etc., we can say in faith BEFORE we see the answer, "Father, I thank You that You have heard me", as Jesus did. So we can certainly thank God for hearing us before we feel delivered, before we feel healed, before we see the answer, for we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Cor. 5:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment