Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Set a guard over my mouth, Lord



Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.

- Psalm 141:3 (NIV)


Wow! What an important prayer for all of us to pray! All too easily we can fall with our words, but if the Holy Spirit is in you, He will be faithful to show you when you're about to say something you shouldn't.... And when we do fail, I pray we are quick to repent and get back on track :)


Father, 

We know that life and death are in the power of the tongue (Prov. 18:21). I pray we would all be sensitive to the Holy Spirit so that we will glorify You with our words. I pray this verse for everyone who reads this. I pray that they would not allow any unwholesome talk to come out of their mouths (Eph. 4:29). I pray they would resist the temptation to gossip, to speak negatively, to use curse words. May they do everything without complaining or arguing (Phil. 2:14). I pray they speak life, that they speak in agreement with Your Word. May they use their words to build others up, not tear them down. I pray they would honor you with their lips AND their hearts. I pray they would use their lips to tell someone the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ this week. 

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment