Tuesday, January 5, 2016

How Your iPhone Can Help You Memorize Scripture


Here's a tip that will help you memorize Scripture fast: 

Make the passcode on your phone the corresponding numbers to the Bible verse you're memorizing. 
For example:

• if you're memorizing Jeremiah 29:13, your passcode would be 2913
• if you're memorizing Romans 8:1, your passcode would be 0801
• if you're memorizing Matthew 6:33, your passcode would be 0633 

A few other tips that help me memorize Bible verses are:
• writing the verse
• making the verse my lock screen
•  taping the verse I wrote on a place I look often, like on a mirror or a wall.

I was excited when God gave me the idea to memorize Scripture by using it as my passcode, because if you can't get into your iPhone or iPad without remembering it, you're gonna memorize it pretty fast.  Do this once a week, changing to a new verse weekly. Remember that while memorizing Scripture is very beneficial, applying it to your life is of utmost importance.

But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
- James 1:22 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment